- For your safety we utilize steam autoclaves to sterilize every instrument we use.
- For your protection we autoclave every load with sterilization indicators to ensure each cycle performed 100% sterilization.
- The autoclaves are tested weekly from a third party testing agency to verify they are working properly.
- The staff undergoes extensive training on sterilizing instruments, cleaning operatories, and handling instruments.
- We use digital x-rays to reduce the amount of radiation you get every time we take an x-ray. We only take x-rays of locations that are indicated and attempt to keep the number of x-rays to a minimum, while still allowing for proper diagnosis.
- To keep your radiation dose to a minimum, Dr. Holpuch and Dr. Blasingame invested in a Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT) machine that has one of the lowest radiation doses in the industry. Although not every person needs a CT scan, when it is necessary to take one, you can rest assured you are receiving the lowest dose possible. At the same time the images have extremely high resolution and allow Dr. Holpuch and Dr. Blasingame to properly diagnose your oral condition.
- Communication with your General Dentist is critical to the success of your treatment. We work closely with our referring dentists to ensure that your individualized plan has been discussed. We utilize the “crown down” method. Meaning, that we start with the tooth position that your general dentist has determined and plan our implant location based on where your tooth needs to be. Without proper communication and utilization of the “crown down” method, implants would be placed in non-ideal positions and lead to problems down the road. We seek to provide you with care that will last you a lifetime. We guarantee our work. In order to do so, we the take time to completely assess your unique situation, communicate with your General Dentist, and create a plan that will fit your unique needs.
- 3-Dimensional planning using information gathered from your CBCT scan, allows us to know exactly where your implant is going before start the procedure. We use advanced computer software to digitally place our implants prior to your surgery. This allows us to be minimally invasive and also determine whether or not you need additional bone grafting prior to implant placement.
- We take pride in the materials we choose to use. We won’t use anything on you that we wouldn’t use on our own family. Dr. Holpuch and Dr. Blasingame have spent extensive time researching and using the various grafting and implant products that we use in the office. In order to guarantee our treatment we have to choose materials that are of high quality. If you have specific questions about materials we use, please feel free to ask when you come for your comprehensive exam.
- To keep you safe, no matter the situation all the staff is trained in Basic Life Support for healthcare providers. Dr. Blasingame is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and attends continuing education courses on emergency treatments and IV sedation every year. We have an extensive emergency response kit which includes an automatic external defibrillator (AED). The staff is put through training programs to keep everyone up to date on what to do in case of emergencies and how to respond in a way to keep our patients safe. We want you to feel comfortable that when you are in our office, we are prepared to take care of you in the unlikely event you have an emergency.
We are proud to say that we have the first 10k solar panel on our roof in the city of Redding. It provides an average of 50% of the offices power.
Our lighting system was designed to save energy by utilizing motion sensors.
Our sterilization system uses steam rather than harsh, toxic chemicals.
Our team recycles paper, plastic, glass and aluminum.
Through the continuing advancement in radiation technology, we no longer need to use toxic chemicals and developers for our x-rays. Not only is the reduction in chemical use more gentle on the environment, digital radiography requires 75-90% less radiation exposure — and that’s good news for you!